We are passionate about green issues and strive to minimise the environmental impact of our business activities.
We have identified 3 key areas of responsibility to promote effective waste management :
- Recycling - We strive to recycle whenever possible, including; paper and cardboard, glass bottles, aluminium and steel cans, printer cartridges.
- Reducing - We do not buy from manufacturers that use excess packaging. We do not use disposable cups or cutlery. Documents including invoices are produced and sent electronically.
- Reusing - Envelopes and jiffy bags are reused with new address labels where possible. Packaging including carrier bags and boxes are saved to be reused when needed. Folders and dividers are saved and re-used. Draft prints and internal documents are re-used as scrap paper.
We are keen to reduce its energy consumption and has implemented the following energy saving measures:
- All computers and monitors are switched off when not in use.
- The printers have a save-energy mode.
- All electronic equipment including printers, lights, machinery and kitchen equipment are switched off overnight.
- All windows and internal doors are kept closed to maintain the temperature.
We only drink tap water; not bottled water.
We try to have car free days whenever possible and often bike.
We are constantly on the look out for new green initiatives to incorporate into our business practices.